This healthy, homemade Aloo Bhujia has a unique taste compare to all other Namkeens and is best enjoyed with a cup of ginger tea
Potato - 4 (medium)
Gram flour (besan) - 1 1/2 cups
Red chilly powder - 2 teaspoon or as per your taste
Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida / hing - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Oil - for deep frying
1. Cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker till they are soft and mash them nicely so that no lumps are left.
2. Take a large bowl and combine the mashed potatoes, besan, red chilly powder, hing, garam masala powder, salt and a little oil and knead to a pliable dough. The dough will be sticky.
3. Heat oil and carefully put the dough inside the murukku presser, and start squeezing in hot oil.
4. Aloo Bhujia gets cooked very fast, so keep stirring and take it out as soon as it is done. The sizzle sound will subside once it is cooked and little browned. Be careful not to get it too brown.
5. Drain aloo bhujia on the paper napkins.
Serve warm with a hot cup of ginger tea