Chilli parotta and kothu parotta are delicacies prepared with parotta.
The recipe mentioned below is for simple Kerala parotta.
Serves - 2
Maida (All purpose flour) - 1 1/2 cups
Sugar - 1 tspn
Salt - 1 tspn
Curd - 1 tblsp
Warm water - for kneading
1. Mix maida, salt, sugar and curd till crumbles.
2. Add warm water and knead well.
3. Roll the soft knead dough in oil. Cover and let it rest for atleast half an hour.
4. Divide the rested dough into 8 lime sized portions.
5. Roll each of them into round and thin on a floured stone or board.
6. Spread some warm ghee or fat on it and pleat each balls lengthwise from one end to the other and twist into a round.
7. Flatten these twisted balls again with the palm and fingers of your hand or roll it with a dowel softly without applying pressure.8. Cook them on a hot, greased iron pan by flipping in between till both sides are well done.
9. Now, keep three or four parotta on top of each other and forcefully compress them between your palms. This will make it soft and separate the layers.
Serve hot with any curry of choice