Serves - 2
Rice - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Onion - 1 medium ( chopped)
Tomato - 1medium ( chopped)
Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon ( minced)
Potato - 2 medium ( diced to small pieces)
Red chilly powder - 2teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masla powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1/2 table spoon
Coriander leaves - few ( optional)
Mint leaves - few ( optional)
1. Cook rice along with water and salt according to instructions.
2. In a kadai, heat oil and add cumin seeds.
3. Add the chopped onion and sauté till translucent.
4. Add the minced ginger and and sauté.
5. Add the roasted tomatoes and mix.
6. Now add the red chilly powder, turmeric powder , coriander powder and roast well.
7. Add the potato and mix. Cover and cook over low flame till the potatoes are cooked.
8. Add mint and coriander leaves and mix well.
9. Lastly, mix the potato mixture with rice and serve warm with pappad and raita.