Here is the recipe of a marble cake of Vanilla with streaks of chocolate with a chocolate glaze topping.
Unsalted melted Butter - 120 gms
Powdered sugar - 160 gms
Eggs - 3
Milk - 1/2 cup
All purpose flour / cake flour - 200 gms
Cocoa powder - 60 gms
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
1. Separate the egg yolk and white.
2. Mix the yolk and melted butter in a vessel with spatula.
3. Slowly add the powdered sugar and cream well.
4. Add the vanilla essence to the mixture and fold well.
5. Gradually mix the all purpose flour and baking powder and mix well.
6. Add milk and mix well.
7. Then add the egg white and fold in clockwise direction.
8. Separate the mixture into two halves and add cocoa powder to one half.
9. Pour half of the plain mixture in a prepared baking tin and then pour the chocolate mixture and then the plain mixture.
10. Swirl the mixture with a knife.
11. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 200 c and then 20 - 25 minutes at 180 c
12. Allow it to cool for 5 - 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve with chocolate glaze or chocolate ganache topping and a scoop of vanilla icecream.
Note : Prepare the baking tin with bread crumbs, this will help the cake to rise better.