All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking power - 1 teaspoon
Pure Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
Egg - 2 ( at room temperature)
Melted butter - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
1. In a bowl, mix the all purpose flour and baking powder and keep it aside ( This is the dry ingredients).
2. In another large bowl, beat butter till creamy.
3. Add sugar gradually and beat till the sugar and butter is soft and creamy.
4. Add eggs one by one an mix well.
5. Add the pure vanilla extract an mix well.
6. Now add the dry ingredients gradually to the wet mixture and mix well.
7. Now pour the batter into a 8 x 8 square prepared pan and bake in a pre heated oven at 325 degree Fahrenheit for about 30 - 35 minutes.
8. Take out of the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes and then cut into thin slices. [Cut the cake once from the center and then into slices] The rusks will be soft at this point of time.
9. Arrange the cake slices in a tray and bake them again at 300 degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. The cake slices should be slightly brown and crispy.
Serve with a hot cup of tea. Store them in a air tight container.