Cooking time - 30 minutes approximately
Chicken - 1 breast piece (cleaned and cut into small cubes)
Onion - 1 medium thinly sliced
Tomato - 1 medium chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tspn
Green chilly - 1 chopped ( I have used serano pepper, they are the spiciest ones)
Red chilly powder - 2 tspn
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn
Coriander powder - 1 tspn
Freshly ground black pepper powder - 1 tspn
Mustard seed - 1 tspn
Curry leaves - 1/2 cup
Oil - 2 tblspn
Salt - to taste
1. Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds.
2. Saute onions. Once it is translucent add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
3. Then add the chopped green chilly and mix well.
4. Add the tomato and mix.
5. Then add the red chilly powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and roast well for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the chicken pieces and mix.
7. Add the black pepper powder and salt and mix well.
8. Add the washed curry leaves and cover and cook till the chicken is done ( stir occasionally )
Serve hot with Jeera rice, roti, Naan or kulcha.