Cooking time - 1 hour
Unsalted butter - 1 cup ( room temperature)
Sugar - 1 cup
Semi sweet chocolate chips - 3/4 cup ( I have used Hershey's)
Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
Mascarpone cheese - 1/2 cup ( room temperature)
Eggs - 3
Pure vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the pan and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and bring it to just below a boil. Place the chopped chocolate in a large bowl. Pour in the hot butter and let stand for 30 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
3. Sift the sugar and cocoa powder,
4. Beat in the mascarpone, eggs, and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
5. Gently fold the flour and salt into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve with butter cream frosting on top
For butter cream frosting
Softened unsalted butter - 1/2 cup
Shortening - 1/2 cup
Pure vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Milk - 2 tablespoons
Confectioner's sugar - 4 cups
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and vanilla. Blend in the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the milk, and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Keep icing covered until ready to decorate.