For Chocolate cake
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Baking powder - 5 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Powdered Sugar - 1 1/4 cup
Unsalted Butter - 6 tablespoons
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Egg - 2 lightly beaten
semi dark chocolate chunks - 1/2 cup
Nesquik Chocolate powder - 3/4 cup
For Strawberry Syrup
Strawberries diced - 8 no:s
Powdered Sugar - 1/4 cup
Water - 1/8 cup
Lemon juice- 2 teaspoon
For Butter Cream Frosting
Powdered sugar - 1 cup
Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup
Milk - tablespoon to /4 cup
vanilla extract - 1 tspn
Salt - a pinch
For the Chocolate cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350 c. Prepare two baking tins.
2. In a bowl sift all purpose flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan, combine sugar with 2 cups of water bring to boil over heat and stir until it dissolves, then pour it into a large bowl.
4. Add the chocolate chunks, Nesquik powder and butter and nstir occasionally until melted.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract when slightly cooled.
6. Once completely cooled, beat the eggs in the chocolate mixture until combined. You can either whisk it or use a electric mixer.
7. Add the dry ingredients gradually and beat at medium speed until smooth. You can also mix it by hand.
10. Divide the batter into two prepared baking pans and bake for 25 minutes at 350 F until the top springs back or a tester comes out clean.
11. Cool the cakes in the pan for 25 minutes and invert into a cooling rack.
For the strawberry syrup
1. In a sauce pan, combine ripe strawberries, sugar, water and lemon juice together.
2.Cook in low, medium heat till it resembles a thick consistency. If needed water can be added.
For the butter cream frosting
1. Beat the butter in a electric mixer or with a wooden spoon.
2. Add sugar in small quantities. The mixture will appear dry and crumbly.
3. Gradually stir in the milk until the consistency desired. If the mixture is too runny add sugar and if too hard add milk.
4. Add vanilla extract and salt and mix.
Assembling the cake
1. Place one layer of cake, pour the strawberry syrup and spread.
2. Place the other layer and spread the butter cream frosting all over and even it out with a spatula.
3. Let the butter cream frosting set for 5 - 10 minutes.
Enjoy the cake as is or with a scoop of vanilla icecream