All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking Soda - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - a pinch
Fresh shredded coconut - 1 cup
Quick cooking oats - 1 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Honey - 2 Tablespoon
1. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the shredded coconut and oat.
2. Melt the butter with the sugar and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove it from the stove and let it cool for 2 minutes.
3. Pour the melt mixture in the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
4. Roll into balls the size of walnuts and place 1 inch apart on the baking sheet and flatten it slightly with a fork.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 15 - 20 minutes or till the edges are browned
6. Let the cookies cool on the sheets until they firm slightly. Then using a spatula carefully lift the cookies and transfer it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
The cookie can stay in an air tight container for up to a week.
Roll into balls the size of walnuts and place 1 inch apart on the baking sheet and flatten it slightly with a fork.