Bitter gourd - 3 no:s
Gram flour (besan) - ½ cup
Rice flour - 3 tsp
Red chilly powder - 2 teaspoon
Chat masala powder - ¼ tsp
Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Oil to deep fry
Salt to taste
1. Wash and pat dry the bitter gourd. Slice off the top and bottom and cut into thin rings preferably using a mandolin. Also remove the seeds along the process.
2. coat the bitter gourd rings with 1 teaspoon of salt and ghee. Coat them well and evenly and let it rest for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. After the rest time drain the water from the bitter gourd rings.
4. In a bowl, take gram flour, rice flour, red chilly powder, chat masala powder and salt and mix well.
5. Add the bitter gourd rings to the flour mix.
6. Add few drops of water so that the mix will coat well.
7. Heat oil in a pan and add the rings one by one. Fry on medium to low flame.
8. Stir frequently with a soft ladle so the rings do not break.
9. Once the rings are browned on each side, remove and drain onto paper towels.
You can store these crispy fried bitter gourds in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.