The cake is best when kept in room temperature and has a shelf life of 5 days.
Eggs - 2 large or 3 small
Self Rising Flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Cold Milk - 1/4 cup (you can also use water instead )
Vanilla Essence - 1 tspn
Baking powder - 1 tspn
Butter - for greasing the baking pan
1. Separate the egg yolk and white.
2. Mix the sugar in the egg yolk gradually, mix well.
3. Now add milk, vanilla essence and baking powder to the yolk mixture one by one and mix well.
4. Gradually add the flour to the yolk mixture and mix well.
5. Fold the egg white into the mixture carefully in clockwise direction.
6. Preheat the oven at 375 F. Prepare the baking tin. pour the mixture and bake for 15 - 20 minutes in the oven
7. Bake till the top springs back when pressed lightly. Cool the cake for 10- 20 minutes.
Serve plain or with whipped cream topping.