This puttu is prepared with wheat flour and topped with grated coconut.
Cooking time - under 15 minutes
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Warm water - as needed
Grated coconut - 1 table spoon
Salt - a pinch
1. Take the whole wheat flour in a bowl, add salt and warm water and mix till the flour comes together.
2. Steam this mixture in your puttu maker for approximately 10 - 12 minutes.
3. Allow it to cool and grind it it in a electric mixer.
4. Then layer the puttu maker with grated coconut and put the the ground mixture above and again steam for 5 - 8 minutes.
5. Allow the mixture to cool.
Serve with any curry or with plain coconut milk.
1. The layered filling of coconut can be replaced by other foods, such as chicken fry, egg curry or fried banana.