Cooking time - under 30 minutes
Beetroot - 1 medium ( grated)
Onion - 1 medium ( chopped)
Green Chilly - 2 ( chopped)
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger - 1 teaspoon (minced)
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Red chilly powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Oil - 1/2 tablespoon
Salt - to taste
Basmati rice - 1 cup
Salt - as needed
Water - 2 cup (or as per instructions)
oil - 1 teaspoon
1. Soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes. Cook the rice along with salt, oil and water as per the instructions.
2. Cook the grated beetroot in little water till they are soft.
3. Heat oil in a pan, splutter cumin seeds and saute onions.
4. Once they are translucent add green chilies and minced ginger for about five minutes.
5. Then add the cooked beetroot and mix well.
6. Add the red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well.
7. Fry for another 5 minutes.
8. Then finally add the cooked rice and mix well.
Garnish with fresh mint leaves and Serve warm.