There are many varieties of this Calcutta roll: Veggie roll, chicken roll, egg roll, chicken egg roll. Basically it depends on the filling inside the paratha.
Makes - 6 rolls
For the paratha
All purpose flour/ Maida - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Water - to knead
For the chicken stuffing
Chicken - 300 grams ( boneless)
Onion - 1 medium (chopped)
Tomato - 1 medium (chopped)
Ginger - garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Red chilly powder - 2 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt -to taste
Oil - 1/2 tablespoon
Egg - 3 no:s (lightly beaten)
1. Mix the all purpose flour, salt and water in a large and knead until a smooth dough is formed. Cover wigth a damp cloth and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
2. Marinate the chicken pieces with ted chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and salt. Allow to rest for 15 - 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in deep pan, saute onions till translucent.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and fry for a while.
5. Add the marinated chicken and cook til the chicken is tender.
6. Make small balls of the dough and roll it out to a thin disc.
7. Heat a tawa (skillet), pour 1/2 teaspoon of oil and put the flattened paratha and again pour 1/4 teaspoon of oil on top of it.
8. Flip and pour the lightly beaten egg on the cooked side, spread it and flip again once the the other side is cooked. wait till the beaten egg is cooked.
9. Take it out and put the chicken mixture on the side with egg and roll it.