Maida/ All purpose flour - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - a pinch
Water - 1/2 cup
For the filling
Chicken - 200 gms ( boneless)
Onion - 2 (medium, chopped)
Ginger - garlic paste - 2 tsp
Green chilly - 2 no:s
Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Curry leaves - a small bunch (chopped)
Oil - 1 table spoon
Vegetable Oil - for deep frying
1. Mix maida, salt, cumin seed and baking powder with enough water to make a soft dough. Cover it with a wet cloth and prepare the filling meanwhile.
2. Boil chicken pieces till tender with a pinch of turmeric and salt.
3. Once cooled mince the boiled chicken.
4. Heat oil in a pan, saute onions till translucent.
5. Add ginger - garlic paste , chopped curry leaves and chopped green chilly and fry till the raw smell of ginger- garlic paste is gone.
6. Add red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder and roast well.
7. Add the minced chicken and mix well for about 5 minutes.
8. Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
9. Switch off the gas and cover for 5 minutes.
10. Take balls of dough prepared, roll it out and cut small circles using a steel lid.
11. Put the prepared chicken mixture on one side and fold the other side over and pinch and fold the edges.
12. Deep fry in hot oil.
Serve warm with ginger tea.
1. These fried Kozhi Ada can be kept in air tight containers for u pto two weeks.
2. Instead of 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1/2 cup of all purpose flour and 1/2 cup of wheat flour can be used.
3. Deep frying in coconut oil will give a better taste.