Here's my version of kung pao chicken with a desi touch.
Chicken - 1 breast piece ( washed and cut into small cubes)
Onion - 1 (medium, chopped)
Capsicum - 1 (chopped)
Tomato sauce - 1 tblsp
Soya sauce - 1 tsp + 2 tsp
Dried red chilly - 4
Vinegar - 1 tblsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Corn flour - 1/2 tblsp
Roasted peanuts - 1/4 cup
Garlic - 3 cloves (chopped finely)
Salt - to taste
Sesame oil - 1 tblsp
Any oil to fry the chicken pieces
1. Marinate the chicken and half of the capsicum pieces with vinegar, red chilly powder, sooya sauce and salt for half an hour and stir fry in desired oil and keep it aside
2. Heat sesame oil in a pan, add red chilies and let them crackle.
3. Add onion and saute them until translucent.
4. Then add the chopped garlic and wait till the raw smell disappears.
5. Add capsicum and saute till it becomes soft.
6. Add tomato sauce and soya sauce and mix well.
7. Add peanuts and water and allow the mixture to boil.
8. Add corn flour mixed with water to thicken the gravy.
9. Finally add the stir fried chicken pieces and capsicum and mix well.