In my house baking is one of the activities we mother - daughter enjoy to do together. Basically its something we do when we both are bored. My daughter is like "mamma its so boring, let's bake a cake" and she will be so excited to do all the mixing and measuring. Even the frosting and the strawberry slices were done by her and an addition of small dinosaur candle in the middle.
For the cake
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Baking powder - 1/4 teaspoon n
Eggs - 2
Butter - 1/2 cup ( room temperature)
Sugar - 1 cup
Lemon juice - 3 tablespoon
Lemon rind (minced) - 1 tablespoon
Pure vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
Milk - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
For the frosting
Powered sugar - 1 1/2 cup
Butter ( melted) - 1/2 cup ( at room temperature)_
Strawberries ( chopped) - 1/2 cup
1. Swift an mix the dry ingredients ( all purpose flour, salt,baking power and baking soda) together.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter till creamy.
3. Add sugar gradually, and beat till soft and creamy.
4. Add eggs one by one and mix it well.
5. Add the lemon juice and the lemon rind and mix well.
6. Now add the vanilla extract and mix well.
7. Then a the dry ingredients gradually and mix well.
8. Add milk and mix well.
10. Pour the mixture in a 8 x 8 inch prepared square pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 20 - 25 minutes or till the skewer comes out clean.
11.Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes.
12. Then frost the cake and serve.
Preparing the frosting
1. Beat the powdered sugar, butter and chopped strawberries till smooth. if the mixture is runny a more powdered sugar. Refrigerate once done.
Add frosting on the cake and decorate with strawberries....... the delicious lemon cake with strawberry butter cream frosting is ready.