Cooking time 20 minutes
For the margination
Chicken ( boneless, bite size pieces) - 250 grams
Ginger - 1 teaspoon ( minced)
Lemon juice - 2 tablespoon
salt - to taste
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Crushed red chili flakes - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1/2 tablespoon
For the masala
Onion - 1 ( medium) ( chopped)
Garlic - 1/2 tablespoon( minced)
Ginger - 1 tablespoon ( minced)
Soya sauce - 1/2 tablespoon
Mint leaves - a handful ( chopped)
Green chili - 2 ( slit lengthwise)
Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Lemon zest and mint leaves for garnishing
1. Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients from the margination section and keep it aside for at least 2 hours.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add the ginger and garlic and fry till the smell is gone.
3. Add chopped onion, slit chilies, salt and sugar and fry till the onion is translucent.
4. Add the marinated chicken and stir fry the chicken till its 80% cooked.
5. Add garam masala powder and stir for few minutes.
6. Add soya sauce and mix well and cook till the chicken is completely cooked and is evaporated.
7. Add the chopped mint leaves and cook till they wilt.
Garnish with lemon zest and mint leaves and serve warm.