Cooking time - 45 minutes
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Chicken pieces - 500 gms
Onion - 1 medium sized ( finally sliced)
Tomatoes - 1 ( chopped)
Carrot - 1 (chopped )
Ginger ( minced) - 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic ( minced) - 1/2 teaspoon
Green cardamom - 3
cloves - 4
Cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
Boiled eggs - 2
Water - 2 cups
Oil - 5 table spoon
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves - few ( chopped)
1. Wash the chicken pieces and the rice thoroughly and separately under running water and keep it aside.
2. Mix the ground spices garlic, ginger, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, lemon juice, turmeric powder , salt and 2 tablespoon oil in a bowl.
3. Marinate the chicken pieces with half of the above mixture for about an hour.
4. In a large pan, heat oil, add the onions and saute it till they become translucent.
5. Add the remaining ground spices, chicken pieces, carrots, tomatoes, salt and saute for about five minutes over low heat.
6. Add water and allow to cook the chicken pieces.
7. Once cooked, take out the chicken pieces along with tomatoesand carrots and keep it aside. Do not drain away the remaining water.
8. Now cook the rice with remaining water along with the masala. ( For 1 cup of rice use 1 1/2 cup of rice)
9. When the cooking is over, uncover the dish and evenly stir it to let the cooked ingredients mix well.
10. Meanwhile you can lightly fry / grill the chicken pieces.
11. To serve, spread the chicken along with the tomatoes and carrots over the rice. Garnish with boiled eggs and coriander leaves ( optional).