Milk - 6 cups ( whole milk will be better)
Lemon juice - 2 - 3 tablespoons
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Clarified butter / ghee - 2 tablespoons
Sliced nuts - for garnish
1. In a large saucepan bring the milk to a boil over medium high heat. And let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the lemon juice to the milk gradually and continue till the milk starts to separating.
3. Boil the milk for 5 more minutes and remove approximate;ly 2 cups of whey water. This will reduce the tartness and helps in cooking faster.
4. Continue to cook and stir occasionally until the milk is a grainy consistency and the whey is evaporated. This will take an additional 20 minutes.
5. Add sugar and cardamom and keep stirring until the mixture starts coming together. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
6. Lower the heat to medium and cook for another 4-5 minutes till all the moisture is dried up and the mixture is formed into a smooth dough.
7. Add ghee and mix well.
8. Once the mixture is slightly cooled, make into small balls and slightly flatten them.
9. Garnish with sliced or chopped nuts on top.
This dessert can be easily stored in an air tight container in the fridge for upto a week.