This is a pizza for vegetarian Indian taste buds and I would call it "The Hindustani Rapchik Pizza". Sounds good isn't it. The inspiration for this pizza came from the popular Indian street food Bhel Puri.
Lets get making it.
Cooking time - 35 minutes
Active dry yeast 1 tsp
Warm water - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Vegetable oil - 2 tblsp
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup
Kalonji / onion seeds - 1 tsp
For the sauce
Onion (medium) - 1/2 chopped
Garlic - 2 cloves chopped
Potato - 1/2 cup cut into small wedges and fried
Paneer - 1/2 cup of cubes, fried
Tamarind water - 1 tblsp
Tomato puree - 2 tblsp
Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Chat masala - 1 tsp
Aamchoor powder ( dried mango powder) - 1/2 tsp
Bell paper - 1/2 cup cut into julienne
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Cheese - for topping
For the Pizza Dough
1. Dissolve the yeast in the 1/2 cup of water. Add the rest of the ingredients in and mix. Add more water if required.
2. Dump onto a floured surface. Knead into a smooth dough for 5 -10 minutes.
3. Let the the dough rest in a greased bowl for 30 minutes.
4. Roll the dough in a floured surface.
5. If using a pizza pan bake the flattened dough for 5-8 minutes for 450 F. If its a pizza stone you can directly put on the topping.
For the sauce
1. Heat some oil in a pan. Saute the Onion till translucent.
2. Add chopped garlic and bell pepper and fry well till the raw smell is gone.
3. Add the red chilly powder chat masala and aamchoor powder and mix well.
4. Add the tomato puree and mix well and simmer for 3- 5 minutes.
5. Add the fried paneer and potato pieces and mix well.
6. Add the tamarind water and salt.
7. Add mint and coriander leaves and mix well.
8. Spread the sauce on the dough.
9. Top it with grated cheese and bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 450 f.
Serve hot with dahi for a more desi taste.