This dish can be prepared using minced lamb, chicken or beef. Soya granules can be used instead of meat to make a mouth watering vegetarian dish.
Cooking time - 45 minutes
Minced meat ( lamb) - 500 gms
Onion - 2 medium finely chopped
Green chilly - 2 chopped
Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tspn
Green cardamom - 2
Cumin seed - 1/2 tspn
Bay leaf - 1
Cinnamon stick - 1"
Cloves - 2
Curd - 1/4 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn
Red chilly powder - 2 tspn
Coriander powder - 1 tspn
Cumin powder - 1/4 tspn
Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1 1/2 cups
Oil - 2 tblspn
Butter - 1 tblspn
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cumin seeds and allow to sizzle.
2. Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
3. Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute for approximately 3- 5 minutes.
4. Add the minced meat, turmeric powder and cook on high flame for 4- 6 minutes and then lower the flame.
5. Add red chilly powder, coriander powder , cumin powder and salt and mix well.
6. Add the tomato puree and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
7. Add curd and water and pressure cook for 3 whistles or until the meat is almost cooked.
8. Add green peas and cook for 10 - 15 minutes or till the the meat and peas are completely cooked.
9. Add garam maasla powder and cook till the desired consistency is reached.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve
If cooking on stove top, add 2 cups of water cover and cook over medium flame.