Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Methi ( fenugreek ) leaves - 1 cup
Garam masala powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Green chili - 1 no: ( chopped)
Oil - 1/2 teaspoon ( for kneading)
Warm water - for kneading
Yogurt - 2 tablespoon
Salt - as needed
1. Mix the flour, thinly chopped leaves, yogurt, garam masala powder, green chilly, salt and enough warm water for kneading a soft and smooth dough.
2. Pour oil and knead again for 2 minutes and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
3.Flour the rolling are and make a lemon sized ball, dust flour and roll them to round shapes of noery thin or thick roti.
4. Now grease the inner half and fold it into half. Grease the next half and fold again. (now you get a triangular shape)
5. Dust flour and roll into not very thin or thick parathas.
6. Heat a tawa or a pan, dust excess flour off the paratha and place it on the hot tawa.
7. When it begins to puff, tazke a kitchen towel or wooden spoon and press gently so the it can puff further. You may also drizzle some oil if needed.
8.Flip the paratha and repeat the process till both sides have brown spots.
9. Stack the parathas one over the other and cover with a cloth to keep it soft.
10. Clean the tawa to wipe off excess flour and repeat making parathas.
Serve them warm with the curry of your choice.