Baji mirchi (plump and long green chllies) - 6
Besan / chickpea flour - 3/4 cup
Rava/ Semolina - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Ajwain / Carrom seeds - 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - for basting
1. Wash the chilies and slit them in the center length wise and de seed and set aside.
2. .Mix flour, semolina, salt, soda, turmeric, red chili pow thoroughly.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and ajwain.
4. Add water little by little to get the right consistency, not thin and not too thick. the batter should just coat the chili when it is dunked in the batter. Too thin batter will begin to drip off from the chili and too thick batter will not stick on to the chili.
5. Transfer the Chilies to an oven proof dish and bake for 10 minutes on 450 F. Turn the chilies in between.
Serve hot with ketchup or chutney of choice.
1. You can also stuff the baji with various stuffing.