Serves - 3
Okra or Bhindi - 200 grams
Egg - 3 no: (lightly beaten)
Onion - 1 medium ( chopped)
Ginger - 1 teaspoon( minced)
Green chilly - 2 no: ( chopped)
Red chilly powder - 2 teaspoon ( adjust according to spice)
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tablespoon + for deep frying okra
1. Wash and chop the tip and tail of okra. Then cut into very thin slices.
2. Deep fry in oil with a pinch of salt and drain in paper towel.
3. Heat oil in a pan and saute onions.
4. Then add the minced ginger and chopped green chilies and fry well.
5. Then add the red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and roast well.
6. Add the fried okra and mix well.
7. Add the lightly beaten egg and add garam masala powder and salt ( remember salt is already added to okra while frying).
8. Mix well and cook on medium flame till the egg is completely cooked and well scrambled.
Serve warm with rice or roti.
This can also make a good option for sandwiches.