Palak / Spinach leaves - 1 cup
Onion - 1 medium ( finely chopped)
Green chilly - 1 ( finely chopped)
Coriander leaves - 2 table spoon ( finely chopped)
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
Besan / Chick pea flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil - for deep frying
1. Clean the spinach leaves, discard the stem and use only the spinach leaves. Wash the spinach leaves, drain the water and chop it finely.
2. In a bowl mix the chopped onion and salt. knead well, onion will ooze out water.
3. Then add the chopped spinach leaves, green chilly, coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, cumin powder, besan and rice flour. Mix well. Do not add water as the moisture in onion and spinac leaves are enough.
4. Heat oil, check if the oil is hot enough, drop a small piece of dough into the oil, if it raises to the surface immediately, then the oil is hot enough to fry the pakodas.
5. Then reduce the heat to medium and drop roughly shaped balls directly into the oil. Fry until golden brown. Remove pakodas from the oil and drain them on a paper towel.
Serve the pakodas immediately with a cup of hot ginger tea