Paneer Cutlet or Indian cottage cheese cutlets, a crispy snack for a wonderful evening as well as a perfect starter too! It is a great snack for special occasions and parties. Grated paneer is mixed with onions and mashed potato along with spices coated with bread crumbs.
Potato - 1 medium ( boiled and mashed )
Onion - 1 (Chopped)
Salt - to taste
Black pepper powder - 2 tspn
Red chilly powder - 1/2 tspn
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn
Garam masala powder / all spice powder - 1/2 tspn
Cumin powder - 1/2 tspn
Bread crumbs - for coating
Oil - for frying
1. Crumble the paneer. Mix it with the mashed potato and onion.
2. Add black pepper powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder cumin powder and salt and mix well.
3. Shape them into cutlets and roll it in bread crumbs till nicely coated.
4. Deep fry in oil.
Serve it with mint chutney or tomato ketchup. These can also be served as the patties for burger.
1. You also add grated vegetables to it.
2. These can be stored in airtight container in the freezer for about a week.
- 3. If you find the cutlets soggy at any point of time just add more bread crumbs.