Even though I love to play with topping most of the time will end up with any three of these : fried chicken, sauteed onions, pickled jalapenos, pineapple chunks, paneer, home made pizza sauce, grated mozzarella cheese etc. Well the options are endless just need some imagination. For example pineapple, fried chicken and pickled jalapenos together gives a wonderful flavor. Sometimes I even add fried aubergine or kale to increase the health factors but have not yet gained success. Its a work in progress.
The trick to have a delicious pizza or any fermented bread is not to add hot water to the yeast. The water should be just slightly warm. If you are adding too hot water, it will kill the yeast and the fermentation won't happen. The next one is to have the right quantity of salt, too much salt will also kill the yeast.
Cooking time - 10 - 12 minutes
Makes a 12 inch round pizza
For the crust
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 table spoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Quick rising yeast - 1 1/4 teaspoon
Olive oil - 1 table spoon
Warm water - 1/2 cup
1. In a large bowl, add 1 cup of flour, sugar, salt, oil and undissolved yeast and mix well.
2. Gradually add water to the mixture and knead.
3. Add the half cup of flour and knead till the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
4. On a floured surface, knead in 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour until dough is smooth and elastic and punch it.This process may take around 5 - 10 minutes. Cover with a kitchen towel or lid and let it rest in a warm place for at least 30 minutes( if you have time up to 1 1/2 hours of resting time would be better)
5. Press out dough onto a pizza pan. Prick randomly with a fork. Let rest again in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
6. Brush crusts lightly with oil then bake in a 450 degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 - 8 minutes.
7. Top as desired, then bake again in 450 degree Fahrenheit oven for 4-5 minutes, or until desired doneness.