The recipe mentioned below is a quick version of butter chicken. This recipe omits half of the ingredients in the authentic dish but there is no compromise on taste.
Chicken boneless - 250 gms
Onion - 2 (medium) chopped
Tomato - 1 ( chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tspn
Red chilly powder - 2 tspn
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tspn
Curd - 2 tblspn
Orange juice - 1 tblspn
Coriander leaves - a handful
Kasoori methi - 1/4 cup
Fresh cream - 1 tblspn
Butter - 1 tblspn
salt - to taste
1. Wash and clean the chicken pieces and marinate with curd, red chilly powder, turmeric powder,orange juice and salt.
2. Heat butter in a pan, saute the onion till translucent, add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the smell disappears.
3. Add the tomato and roast well
4. Add the red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt and roast well.
5. Add the chicken pieces with the marinade and mix well
6. Cover and cook till the chicken is soft and cooked. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
7. Add the coriander leaves and kasoori methi and mix well.
8. Garnish with fresh cream and a small dollop of butter.
Serve hot with rice , roti or naan.