Even though the red kidney beans are highly nutritious, eating red kidney beans every day can become boring or monotonous and this a perfect way to include red kidney beans in your diet.These rajma cutlets can be either pan fried or deep fried. In both ways it turns out delicious.
Rajma - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 medium ( chopped)
Potato - 1 small
Ginger - 1 1 inch piece (chopped)
Red chilly powder - 1 teaspoon
Green chilly - 2 no:s chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Bread crumbs - for coating
Oil - 1 tablespoon + more for deep frying
1. Soak the red kidney beans overnight and cook it in pressure cooker till done.
2. Cook the potatoes till done and mash them.
3. Heat oil in a pan, saute onions till translucent.
4. Add ginger and green chilies and saute.
5. Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt and mix well.
6. Add the cook rajma and mix well till all the moisture is dried.
7. Add the mashed potato and mix well.
8. Add garam masala powder and mix well and let it cool.
9. Make patties out of this, roll it in bread crumbs and deep fry in hot oil.
Serve warm with red sauce.
These can also be pan fried.