Cooking Plantain are very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Potassium and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin B6.
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Potato - 1 small
Cooking plantain - 1
Onion - 1
Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tblsp + 1 tblsp for brushing
Bread crumbs - for coating
1. Boil potato and cooking plantain separately in a pressure cooker till done.
2. Chop the onion and saute in 1 tblsp of oil.
3. Add the boiled potato and cooking plantain and mix and mash well.
4. Add the red chilly powder, Coriander powder, turmeric powder, Cumin powder and roast well for 5 - 10 minutes.
5. Then add salt, pepper and garam masala powder and mix well. Let it cool
6. Shape the mixture into cutlets and roll it in bread crumbs.
7. Brush the cutlets with remaining oil,
8. Preheat the oven at 375 f ans bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
Serve hot with Tomato ketchup or mint chutney.