Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Cocoa powder - 3 tablespoon
Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - a pinch
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cold water - 3/4 cup
Melted butter - 1/4 cup
Lime juice - 1 table spoon
Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
1. Sieve whole wheat powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder in a bowl and mix well.
2. In another bowl add sugar and water and stir until the sugar dissolves.
3. Then add the melted butter and mix well.
4. Then add the lime juice and mix well.
5. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
6. Mix the dry ingredients to this gradually and mix well till no lumps are formed. The mixture should be loose.
7. pour the cake batter to the prepared cake tin and tap the sides so that air bubbles are let out.
8. Bake at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 20 - 25 minutes. For doneness check the cake with a tooth pick. the tooth pick should come out clean. once the cake becomes warm or cools down, unmold and place it on a wired rack. if the tooth pick is sticky, then place the cake bake in the oven and continue to bake for some more minutes. before frosting let the cake cool completely.
Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.