Coconut oil can also positively affect our hormones for thyroid and blood-sugar control. People who take coconut oil also tend to have improvements in how they handle blood sugar since coconut can help improve insulin use within the body. Coconut oil can boost thyroid function helping to increase metabolism, energy and endurance. It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
Rice flour - 2 cups
Grated coconut - 1 cup
Shallots - 1/2 cup (peeled and sliced)
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Water - 1 cup
salt - 1 tspn
Coconut Oil - for frying
1. Roast the rice flour.
2. Grind the shallots, fennel seeds and grated coconut and keep it aside.
3. Boil water in a pan, add salt to it. When small bubbles appear at the bottom add the roasted rice flour and mix well.
4. Mix the ground coconut mixture to it and knead it in a flat surface while warm.
5. Make small patties if the flour mixture and deep fry them in coconut oil till both the sides are slightly golden brown in color.
6. Serve with mutton curry or any curry of your choice.