Chicken (boneless)- 300 gms
Shallots - 1/4 cup ( chopped fine
Ginger - 1 tablespoon (chopped finely)
Green chilly - 2-3 ( finely chopped)
Salt - to taste
Curry leaves - 4 -5 leaves
Crushed black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Channa dal - 1/4 cup
Masoor dal - 1/4 cup
All purpose flour for dusting the patties
Oil - - for deep frying
1. Soak the channa dal and masoor dal for 4 - 5 hours. Then grid it without adding any water.
2. Boil the chicken pieces along with salt and mince it once cooled.
3. Add all the ingredients ( shallots, ginger. curry leaves, green chili, crushed black pepper, salt and ground dal) to the minced chicken and mix well.
4. Make 12 - 15 small patties with a hole in center like medu vada. Be sure to wet your hand as the dough may be sticky. Then dust with all purpose flour.
5. Heat oil in a pan, and deep fry each patties till it is golden brown on both sides.
Serve warm with ketchup or any chutney