Serves - 3
Cooking time - 20 minutes
French bean - 15 - 20 ( chopped finely)
Carrot - 1/2 cup ( grated)
Potato - 2 medium ( boiled and mashed)
Cabbage - 1/4 cup (finely grated)
Green peas (blanched) - 1/4 cup
Green chilies -3 no: ( chopped)
Onion - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Mint leaves - 1/2 cup ( chopped)
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup ( chopped)
Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Gram flour ( besan ) - 2 tablespoon
Ginger - 1 teaspoon ( minced)
Garlic - 2 cloves ( minced)
Cashewnut powder - 2 tablespoon
Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Bread crumbs - 4 tablespoon
Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
Salt - to taste
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan and sauté cumin seeds until fragrant.
2. Add Chopped onion, green chilies, ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute.
3. Add gram flour and roast for 2 minutes till a nutty fragrance.
4. Add carrot and sauté for one 2-3 minutes.
5. Add beans, cabbage and green peas and sauté for 5 - 7 minutes or till all the vegetables are cooked.
6. Once cooled transfer to a mixer with coriander leaves and mint leaves and grind to a coarse paste.
7. Transfer the ground vegetables to a bowl and add mashed potato, lemon juice, red chili powder , coriander powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt.
8. Add breadcrumbs and mix well. ( the purpose of adding bread crumbs is to absorb the moisture)
9. Divide this mixture into large equal portions and wrap them around in the shape of satay sticks tightly to get a seekh kebab.
10. Place the sticks on the greased baking tray and put the tray in preheated oven.
11. Cook the recipe for 10-12 minutes, turning twice to the other side every 4-5 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
12. You can also roast the kebabs on hot tawa greased with oil.
Serve Vegetarian Seekh Kebab hot with mint chutney, lime wedges and onion to make it a great party starter and appetizer.