Potato - 3 no:s (cut into wedges)
Kerala papadam - 10 papads ( cut into triangles)
Shallots ( kunjulli ) - 15 - 20 ( chopped)
Ginger paste - 1tsp
green chilly - 2 no:s ( chopped)
Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Hing/ asafoetida - a pinch
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Mustard seed - 1 tsp
Oil for frying potato and papadam
Coconut oil - 3 tsp (for tempering)
1. Deep fry the potato wedges in oil with a pinch of salt and set aside in paper towel.
2. Fry the papadam in oil and set aside in paper towel.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds in it.
4. Add hing, green chilies and ginger paste and mix well.
5. Add the chopped shallots and fry till golden brown.
6. Add the red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well.
7. Add the potatoes and papadam and toss well.
Serve warm with rice and curry.