Make an 8 x 8 inch cake
Cooking time : 2 hours 30 minutes
Softened butter - 1/3 cup
All purpose flour - 1 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 2 I/2 teaspoon
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Orange - 1 large ( washed, de seeded and cut into pieces with rind)
For the Glaze
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Orange juice - 3/4 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree Farenheit and prepare a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
2. Wash cleanly and cut the orange to small pieces along with the rind in a mixer until its almost pureed.
3. In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs one by one until light and fluffy.
4. Sift the all purpose flour and baking powder and add in small quantities to the egg - sugar mixture along with the softened butter. Then fold and mix well.
5. Add the yogurt and fold well.
6. Add the earlier pureed orange to the cake batter and mix well.
7. Now pour the mixture in the prepared baking pan and bake for 45 - 55 minutes. Check with cake tester after 50 minutes for done. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
For the Glaze
8. Mix the sugar and orange juice in a pan until a syrup consistency.
9. Then prick few holes on the cake and pour the orange cake while in baking pan. Allow the cake to cool completely before cutting.
You can store the cake in refrigerator. Warm the cake before serving. Make sure to make extra orange glaze and pour on the cake when serving. The cake taste delicious drenched in orange glaze.