This dish was again prepared and photographed by my lovely sister. Serve warm with mint chutney and this dish makes a light and wholesome weekday meal that tastes like a party of flavours.
Fish fillet pieces - 500 grams (I have used Mullet)
Carrots - 1/2 cup ( diced)
Onion - (diced)
oil -for pan frying
Yogurt - 1 cup
Red chilly powder - 1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder - 1 taspoon
Ginger garlic paste - 1 table spoon
Lemon juice - 2 table spoon
Coriander leaves- 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
Mint leaves - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Corn flour/ corn starch- 3 table spoon
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 table spoon
1. Take a large bowl and add yogurt, red chilly powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, ginger- garlic past, ecoriander leaves, mint leaves, corn flour, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
2. Add in the fish pieces, diced onion, carrots and oil and mix well. Allow the marination to rest for at least 30 minutes.
3. Now take a wooden skewer and arrange the fish pieces, diced carrots and onion alternatively.
4. Drizzle some oil in a hot pan and grill the skewered fish with vegetables till done.
5. To prepare fish tikka in oven, preheat the oven to a grill mode at 220 Degree C/450 Degree F . Arrange the skewers on a oiled foil lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 10-15 mins. Take the tray from the oven half way through and flip the skewers over and cook again.
Serve warm with mint chutney