The original recipe calls for mutton but I have used chicken. the rest is the same recipe.
Serves - 6 -8
Chicken - 1 kg
Garlic - 6 cloves ( minced)
Ginger5 - 1 tablespoon ( minced)
Lemon juice - juice of 1 lemon
Curd - 1/2 cup
Green chilly - 10 -12
Shallots - 10
Tomato - 1 (chopped)
Onion - 5
Cumin powder - 1 tablespoon
Garam masala powder - 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tablespoon
Rice - 750 grams ( preferably short grained rice)
Raisins - 1/2 cup
Cashew nut - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tablespoon
Clove - 6
Star anise - 3
Cardamom - 6
Cinnamon - 2 - 1 inch pieces
Oil - 1/2 cup
Pineapple pieces - 1/2 cup
1. Crush onion, garlic, pearl onion and ginger in a blender.
2. Mix it with coriander leaves, mint leaves, tomato, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, lemon juice, 1/4 cooking oil, ghee and salt. Sauté the mix.
3. Then add the chicken pieces and cook till it is almost done.
4. fry some sliced onions, raisins and cashew nuts in the remaining oil and keep it side.
5. Cook the rice with the whole spices till 70% done.
6. Layer the rice and the chicken mixture in a deep bottomed dish. Spread pineapple pieces, fries onion , raisins , cashew nuts. coriander leaves and mint leaves on top and keep it on dum on low to medium flame till steam releases from top.
Serve warm with raita and pappad.