Cooking time - 30 minutes
Chicken - 250 grams ( washed and cut to bite size pieces)
Onion - 2 ( finely chopped)
Green chilly - 2 ( chopped)
Red chili powder - 2 teaspoon
Ginger - 1 inch piece minced
Garlic - 4-6 cloves ( minced)
Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon ( preferably homemade)
Roasted poppy seeds - 3 tablespoon
Broken Cashewnuts - 1/4 cup
cinnamon - 1 inch piece
Cloves - 4-5
Bay leaf - 1 small leaf
Black cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut oil - 3 tablespoons
Salt - taste
Dried red chilies - few
Ginger paste - 1teaspoon paste
Garlic - 1 teaspoon paste
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Lemon juice - juice of 1 lemon
1. Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients in the "For Marinate " Section for at least 30 minutes.
2. Make a coarse paste of poppy seed with cashew nut with little water.
3. Add oil in a pan and fry the whole spices( bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, black cumin seeds, dried red chilies) for a minute.
4. Add the chopped green chilies. minced ginger and garlic and fry for 2- 3 minutes.
5. Add chopped onion and saute well till the onion is golden brown in color.
6. Add the red chilly powder, salt and garam masala powder and mix well.
7. Add the marinated chicken pieces and roast well.
8. Add the poppy seed mixture and mix well.
9. Add enough water and boil it desired consistency.
Serve warm with chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.