Cooking time - 35 minutes
Minced chicken - 200 gram
Shawarma masala powder - 2 tablespoon
Salt - to taste
Black pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
lime juice - 2 teaspoons
Rice - 2 cups (Soaked for about 30 minutes)
Salt - to taste
Water required to cook the rice
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon stick - one 1 inch piece
Cardamom pods - 2
Black pepper corns - few
Onion - 2 medium ( chopped)
Tomato - 1 (chopped)
Ginger ( minced) - 1teaspoon
Garlic (minced) - 1 teaspoon
Green chilies -2 (chopped)
Carrot - 1 medium (grated)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 2teaspoon
Red chilly powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
1. Marinate the minced chicken pieces with shawarma masala powder, black pepper powder, lime juice and salt for at least half an hour.
2. After the resting time fry the chicken piece in oil and keep aside.
For the Rice
3. Heat some oil in heavy bottomed pan and fry cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom pods and black pepper corns for a minute.
4. Add the chopped green chilies, ginger and garlic and fry for few minutes.
5. Add the chopped onions and fry till it golden brown on a low to medium flame.
6 Then add the grated carrots and fry till its tender.
7. Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and garam masala powder and fry for few minutes.
8. Then add chopped tomatoes till its roasted well.
9. Now add the soaked rice with enough water and salt and cook for the required amount of time approximately 10 minutes till the rice is well done.
Serve the rice with fried chicken on top and garnish with fried cashew, raisins, fried onion and coriander leaves.