Potato - 2 ( medium)
Chick pea flour/ Besan - 3/4 cup
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Red chilly powder - 2 tsp ( ad just according to taste)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida / hing - a pinch
Baking powder - a pinch
Oil - for frying
Salt - to taste
1. Clean the potatoes and thinly slice them ( using a mandoline will give good results).
2. Dry each slices in paper towel. No moisture should be present.
3. Mix besan, rice flour, baking powder. hing, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt and make it into a thick batter using little water. Set aside for 15 - 30 minutes.
4. Dip each potato slices in the batter and deep fry in hot oil in medium to low heat.
5. Fry till both sides are golden brown in color.
Serve warm with chutney of choice and ginger tea