Cooking time - 30 minutes
Ricotta cheese - 2 lb.
Ghee / clarified butter - 4 tablespoon
Sugar - 2 cups
Milk powder - 1 cup
Milk - 2 tablespoons
Saffron - a generous pinch
cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon
Pistachios - for garnishing ( optional)
1. Heat ghee in a pan once it is hot add the ricotta cheese, sugar and milk powder.
2. Stir frequently so that it doesn't get burned.
3. Boil milk in another pan, add saffron to it and let it rest for 5 minutes.
4. When the ricotta cheese mixture leaves the sides of pan, add the saffron mixture and cardamom powder and mix well.
5. Remove from heat and when its cooled enough, make into lemon sized balls.
6. Garnish with pistachios if desired.
This can be stored in air tight container for up to a week.