Brown rice can be blunt and not very appetizing to the taste buds if not cooked properly. But if combined with the right ingredients and the rice is cooked properly there is nothing that could beat in taste and nutrition.
Brown rice - 1 cup
Onion - 1 medium (chopped finely)
Carrot - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Green beans - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Peas - 1/4 cup
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece (minced)
Garlic - 4-5 cloves (minced)
Eggs - 2 lightly beaten
Soy sauce - 3 tablespoon
Salt - to taste
1. Cook the brown rice according ti package instructions. To cook brown rice the water to rice ratio is 1.5 cups of water for 1 cup of rice (this was on the packet I bought every brand has its own water to rice ratio, but this ratio works most of the time). Use a pan with tight fitting lid and cook the rice with lightly salted water.Cook the rice in the lowest mark on your gas burner for 40 - 45 minute, make sure the rice is simmering on the lowest bubble. Keep checking after 30 minutes so that the rice doesn't get burned. After cooking let the rice rest for 5 minutes with the lid on and the fluff the rice with a fork.
2. Boil all the vegetables together in water till they are tender.
3. Heat oil in a pan, saute onions.
4. Add the minced ginger and garlic and fry till the raw smell is gone.
5. Add the egg and scramble.
6. Add soy sauce and mix well.
7. Mix with the cooked brown rice and cook on high flame for 2 minutes.
1. You can also add cooked chicken, meat or shrimp to the recipe