Serves - 4
Fine roasted seviyan - 1 cup
Koya - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Kewra/ rose essence - 2 teaspoons
Green cardamon powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Nutmeg powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Phool Makhana / lotus seeds - 1/2 cup ( chopped)
Mixed dry fruits - 1/2 cup of chopped almonds, chopped cashew nuts, raisins and chopped kopra or nariyal.
Ghee / clarified butter - 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
1. In a pan add Sugar, Khoya, Milk, Water and mix well. Boil it till you get four string consistency called Chashni.
2. In another pan, roast the seviyan in ghee till dark brown. Stir frequently to make sure that it does not get burned. Once roasted transfer the seviyan to a plate for cooling.
3. In the same pan, add the 2 table spoons of ghee and add the chopped makhanas and the mixed dry fruits and fry.
4. Mix the roasted seviyan and dry fruits to the prepared chashni and cook on high flame for about 4 - 5 minutes.
5. Switch off the flame and keep it covered for at least 10 - 15 minutes. Then add the kewra essence, nutmeg and green cardamon powder.
Serve warm with silver foil (chandi ka warq) on top