Rice flour - 1 1/4 cup
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Shallots - 8 - 10 (chopped)
Garlic minced - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated coconut - 2 tablespoon
Cumin - 1/4 tsp
Thick Coconut Milk - 1/4 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Salt - to taste
Coconut Oil - for frying
1. Roast the rice flour in a wide pan.
2. Grind shallots, garlic minced, cumin and 2 tablespoon of grated coconut along with 2 tablespoon of water to form a smooth paste.
3. Add this to the thick coconut milk and mix well.
4. Boil 1/4 cup of water in a vessel, when it starts bubbling add the rice flour and mix well on low flame for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from flame and add the thick coconut milk mixture and mix. Knead well to form a smooth dough, if needed add more hot water. The dough should be soft not sticky.
6. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep it aside for half an hour.
7. Divide the dough into small portions, the size of a small lemon. Roll the dough into circles. Wrap the rolled out dough around a greased rod or a wooden rolling pin. Press the overlapping edges together to form a small curl.
8. Slide it off the rod. Repeat till all the dough is used up. Cover the shaped rolls with damp cloth to prevent it from drying out.
9. Heat oil in a pan a and deep fry till golden brown.