Whole Wheat flour - 1 1/2 cups
All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 table spoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Warm milk - as needed ( for kneading)
Curd - 1 table spoon ( not sour)
Egg - 1 no:
1. In a medium sized bowl, add the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt, sugar, curd, lightly beaten egg and milk to make a dough ( soft and smooth similar to a chapathi dough).
2. Pound the dough several times to make it soft.
3. Keep the dough covered in a damp cloth for at least 3 - 4 hours.
4. Knead the dough again before making the parotta.
5. Divide the dough into small lime sized portions.
6. Roll each of them into round and thin on a floured stone or board.
7. Spread some warm ghee or fat on it and pleat each balls lengthwise from one end to the other and twist into a round.
8. Flatten these twisted balls again with the palm and fingers of your hand or roll it with a dowel softly without applying pressure.
9. Cook them on a hot, greased iron pan by flipping in between till both sides are well done.
10. Now, keep three or four parotta on top of each other and forcefully compress them between your palms. This will make it soft and separate the layers.
Serve hot with curry of choice.