Chicken - 1 breast piece cut into 1" cubes
Corn starch - 1/2 cup
Bread crumbs - 1 cup
Egg - 1 beaten
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
Oil - for fying
For the Orange sauce
Fresh orange juice - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 cup
White vinegar - 1 table spoon
Soya sauce - 2 table spoons
Orange zest - 1 table spoon
brown sugar - 2 table spoons
Ginger root - 1/2 tsp minced
Garlic - 1/2 tsp minced
Red dried chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp
Corn starch - 1 table spoon
1. Combine corn starch, salt and pepper in a bowl. Prepare another bowl for egg and another for bread crumbs.
2. Dip the chicken in egg, then in corn starch again in egg and finally in bread crumbs.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the dipped chicken pieces in batches.
4. In a large saucepan combine water, orange juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. blend well over medium heat for a few minutes.
5. Stir in brown sugar, orange zest, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
6. Combine corn starch with water and slowly stir into the sauce until thickens.
7. Pour the sauce over the fried chicken and if desired garnish with green onion.
Serve hot with fried rice or any bread of choice or just as a starter.