Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
Spinach leaves - 250 gms
Green chillies - 2
Coriander leaves - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Lemon juice - 1 table spoon
Oil / ghee for frying the paratha
1. Rinse the spinach leaves very well in water. drain them.
2. Boil the spinach leaves in hot water for 5 - 7 minutes and strain. Save the stock for later use.
3. Puree the spinach leaves, coriander leaves, green chilly and lemon juice.
4.Mix the whole wheat flour with salt and slowly mix the spinach puree and knead to a soft dough. If needed you can add the spinach stock.
5. Divide the dough into small lemon sized balls and roll out like roti.
6. Heat a pan and cook the palak paratha with some oil or ghee, till they are crisp and brown from both side.
Serve hot with pickle or yogurt or choice of chutney