Serves - 2
Tindora / Kovakkai - 250 gms
Onion - 1 medium ( sliced)
Green Chilies - 2
Ginger - 1 inch piece ( chopped)
Pepper powder - 2 teaspoon
Red chilly powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1 tablespoon
1. Clean the tindora and cut into 4 lengthwise. Then marinate with salt and ghee for about 20 minutes.
2. After marinating squeeze well the tindora to remove all the excess water. Make sure to squeeze all the excess water for faster cooking.
3. Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the tindora till its well cooked and slightly brown on the sides.
4. Now add green chilies and ginger and fry well.
5. Then add onion and saute till translucent.
6. Now add pepper powder, red chilly powder, coriander and cumin powder and mix well and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
7. Lastly check for salt and add little if needed.
Serve warm with roti or rice